CONTROL OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN INDUSTRY AND HOUSING AND COMMUNAL SERVICES
Sign | Register
A Slotted Cylinder Antenna
D.S. Klygach, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, firstname.lastname@example.org
V.A. Dumchev, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, email@example.com
N.N. Repin, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, firstname.lastname@example.org
N.I. Voytovich, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, email@example.com
A slotted cylinder antenna with the original matching device is presented in the paper. A slotted cylinder antenna is made on the shape of longitudinal slot based on a metallic tube with diameter much smaller than the wave length. The length of the slot is much smaller than the wave length in free space. The antenna parameters are found by numerical method in the strict electrodynamic formulation of the problem. For this purpose the construction of the matching device is taken into account in the electrodynamic model of the antenna. Reached theoretical results in antenna bandwidth of examined antenna demonstrate good quantitative match with experimental results. The method and original matching device suggested in the paper are characterized by simplicity of the antenna matching with a feeder.
slot antenna, pattern, bandwidth, VSWR
1. British patent № 515684. HF Electrical Conductors.
2. Voytovich N.I., Klygach D.S., Repin N.N. Slot Turnstile Antenna. 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP – 2013), 8–12 April 2013, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2013, p. 1208–1212.
3. Alford A. Long Slot Antennas. Proc. of the National Electronics Соnference, Chicago, IL October 3–5, 1946, p. 143.
4. Kraus J.D. Antennas – 1988, TATA McGRAW-HILL Edition, New Delhi, 1997. 894 p.
5. Voytovich N.I., Klygach D.S., Repin N.N. Slot Turnstyle Antenna. 2013 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), IEEE Xplore, pр. 1209–1212.
6. Weiland Т. A Discretization Method for the Solution of Maxwell's Equations For Six-Component Fields. Electronics and Communication, (AEÜ), 1977, vol. 31, pp. 116–120.
7. Pimenov A.D. Tehnicheskay electrodynamica (Technical Electrodynamics). Moscow, Radio and Svyaz Publ., 2005. 483 p.
Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Ser. Computer Technologies, Automatic Control, Radio Electronics, 2015, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 21-31. (in Russ.) (Information and Communication Technologies and Systems)