CONTROL OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN INDUSTRY AND HOUSING AND COMMUNAL SERVICES
Sign | Register
UDC 621.396.677.8, 621.396
Multi-Frequency Technique of Radome Loss Measurement
N.V. Samburov, Typhoon JSC, Kaluga, Russian Federation, email@example.com
The measurement of the specified radome example radiotechnical parameters for antenna radiation pattern forming the quality evaluation proposes is a technically complicated problem. A radome is often placed at the near-field zone and there is no possibility to evaluate its influence on antenna radiation pattern solitary. The mathematic method or the radome example dielectrically properties evaluation technique are ordinary used at this case. The technique of EM wave transmission loss measurements and the problems of practical implementation are being discussed with regards to radome of a regular type. We offer series of methods to resolve problems, caused by multipath effects. The multi-frequency procedure of radome reflectivity levelling is proposed to measure losses by substitution technique.
radome, transmission loss measurement, reflection, measurement, radome measurements
1. Kaplun V.A. Obtekateli antenn SVCh [Microwave Antenna Radomes]. Moscow, Sovetskoe radio Publ., 1974. 240 p.
2. Gurtovnik I.G., Sokolov V.I, Trofimov N.N., Shalgunov S.I. Radioprozrachnye izdeliya iz stekloplastikov [Radioparent Fiberglass Plastic Products]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 2003. 368 p.
3. Prigoda B.A, Kokun'ko V.S. Obtekateli antenn letatel'nykh apparatov [Aircraft Antenna Radomes]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1970. 288 p.
4. Verba V.S., Vinogradnyy A.V., Zhdanov V.N., Smirnov V.S., Tobolev A.K., Chetverik V.N., Shirjaev A.M., Shrayber A.Ja. [Features of the Antenna Module Destined for Mobile Satellite Communication System]. Radioengineering, 2009, no. 8, pp. 120–127. (in Russ.)
5. Fradin A.Z., Ryzhkov E.V. Izmereniya parametrov antenno-fidernykh ustroystv [The Measurements of Antenna-Feeder Device Parameters]. Moscow, Svjaz' Publ., 1972. 352 p.
6. Shalgunov S.I., Sokolov V.I., Morozova I.V., Prokhorova Yu.S. [Special Aspects of Designing and Development of Radiotransparent Radomes and Protective Covers for Operation in Centimetric and Millimetric Wave Bands]. Antennas, 2015, no. 3 (214), pp. 63–68. (In Russ.)
7. Samburov N.V., Rybakov D.Ju., Ivanov N.G. [Compact Antenna Range at Conditions of Geometricaly Limited Premisses]. Electromagnetic Waves and Electronic Systems, 2014, no. 10, pp. 25–32.(in Russ.)
Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Ser. Computer Technologies, Automatic Control, Radio Electronics, 2015, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 83-94. (in Russ.) (Information and Communication Technologies and Systems)