CONTROL OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN INDUSTRY AND HOUSING AND COMMUNAL SERVICES
Sign | Register
Simulation of the two-frequency aircraft landing system
N.I. Voytovich, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, email@example.com
B.V. Zhdanov, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, firstname.lastname@example.org
A.V. Zotov, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, email@example.com
The strict and approximate relationship that bases on the binomial series expansion are received in the article for calculating the difference of the modulation (DDM) depth of the signals that emitted by the two-frequency instrument landing system (ILS). A comparison is given of the results that are computed by the approximate and the exact formulas for the DDM. It takes into account that the signals “suppressed carrier sideband only” and “Carrier plus sideband” are out of phase. The behavior of the DDM in the localizer area is presented. The article is interesting for the developers of the ILS and for the specialist in start-up of the localizer and the glide-path transmitter and for the professional radioservices specialists of airport and for the related disciplines university teachers and students.
simulation, localizer, glide-path localizer, difference in depth modulation, capture effect
1. Watts C.B., Jr. Instrument Landing Scrapbook, Trafford Publishing, 2005. 392 p.
2. NII-33/ VNIIRA Istoriya stanovleniya i razvitiya Vsesoyuznogo NII radioapparatury [The History of the Formation and Development of the All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Radioequipment [NII-33 / VNIIRA], SPb., 2007. 291 p.
3. Annex 10 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, vol. 1. Radio Navigation Aids, ICAO, Monreal (Canada), 2006. 606 p.
4. Redlich R.W. Landing System for Aircraft. Patent US, no. 3,409,890.
5. Cummings William C. Capture Effect System. Patent US, no. 3,711,857.
6. Baskakov, S. I. Radiotechnicheskie tsepi i signaly [Radio Circuits and Signals]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 2005. 464 p.
7. Gradshteyn I., Ryzhik I.M. Tablitsy integralov, symm, ryadov [Table of Integrals, Sums, Series and Products], Academic Press, 1963. 1200 p.
Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Ser. Computer Technologies, Automatic Control, Radio Electronics, 2013, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 55-69. (in Russ.) (The main)