CONTROL OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN INDUSTRY AND HOUSING AND COMMUNAL SERVICES
Sign | Register
Study of Stability Shedding Frequency in Vortex Sonic Flowmeters
A.P. Lapin, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, email@example.com
A.M. Druzhkov, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation, firstname.lastname@example.org
The typical block diagram with detailed description signals at the input and output of major functional components is discussed.Plan of experiment for research of stability of vortex shedding frequency beyond bluff body are showed. Results of flow stability research in test lab are given. It is shown, that the variation coefficient of the instantaneous values of the reference flow rate varies from 0.13 % to 0.3 % during the vortex sonic flowmeters test depending on the flow regimes. The vortex frequency variation coefficient is 3 % to 9 % at various flow regimes. Check for Epps-Pally criterion has showed that the sample data is not in conflict with a normal distribution law of probabilities.An assumption was made about inexpediency of calculations of the result volume flow on the basis of the vortex shedding instantaneous frequency. It is shown that the estimate of the vortex shedding frequency derived from the processing of the measurements sequence should be used in flow calculation.
vortex flowmeters, vortex sonic flowmeters, vortex shedding frequency
1. Lapin A.P., Druzhkov A.M. [Selection and Research of Two-Factor Model for Conversion Function of Vortex Sonic Flowmeters]. Bulletin of South Ural State University. Ser. Computer Technologies, Automatic Control, Radio Electronics, 2013, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 4–12. (in. Russ.)
2. Lapin A.P., Druzhkov A.M., Kuznetsova K.V. [Analysis of the Dependence of the Strouhal Number in the Measurement Equation for Vortex Sonic Flowmeters]. Bulletin of South Ural State University. Ser. Computer Technologies, Automatic Control, Radio Electronics, 2013, vol. 13, no 4, pp. 70–77. (in. Russ.)
3. Kremlevskiy P.P. Raskhodomery i schetchiki kolichestva: Spravochnik [Flowmeters and Counters: Handbook]. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie Publ., 1989, 701 p.
4. Baker R.C. Flow Measurement: Handbook. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2000, 524 p.
5. Pankanin G.L. The Vortex Flowmeter: Various Methods of Investigating Phenomena. Measurement science and technology, 2005, № 16, pp. 1–16.
6. Kalkhof H.G. Influence of the Bluff Body Shape on the Measurement Characteristics of Vortex Flowmeters. Proc. of Conf. on Metering of Petroleum and its Products, 1985, pp. 7–8.
7. Pankanin G.L. Influence of Vortex Meter Configuration of Measure Signal Parameters. Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, IMTC/93. Conference Record., IEEE, 1993, pp. 337–340.
8. Agilent InfinitiVision 5000/6000/7000 Series Oscilloscopes. User’s Guide. Available at: http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/54695-97026.pdf.
9. Borisov А. [New 16-bit microcontroller family from Microchip]. Components and Technologies, 2006, no 6, pp. 38–41. (in Russ.)
Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Ser. Computer Technologies, Automatic Control, Radio Electronics, 2014, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 89-98. (in Russ.) (The main)